I am an expert working with product development in the furniture industry as well as other industrial products. With a background/education as a building architect and engineer in integrated design I am able to focus both on the visual design and the engineering of a product. I am well skilled in solving technical problems and integrate them into a well designed solution, this is one of my main drivers. This is done by using my creative potential as well as my analytic approach to every task.
Working in the furniture business for a lot of years taught me to put together different requirements into a final solution. For me it is normal to work out of a brief where sales, marketing, internal or external design requirements, engineering, supply chain, quality and cost price needs to be put together. With my international background I have no problems communicating and working across borders and in an international work space using English, German, Swiss German and Danish.
I am driven by working on projects form the first sketches to the implementation of the product on the market. Doing this together with the best suited suppliers for the job guarantees that a fulfillment of the brief normally is not a problem.
I am offering consultancy as an Engineer working in close collaboration with the Designer and Company. During many years I built up strong engineering Skills and technical problem solving. This are some fields where a collaboration with me could be interesting for you.
- Idea and Concept development of furniture and industrial products seen from a technical point of View
- Creative Innovation, Product Development, technical Problem Solving. Both for product fabricated by mass production as well as customized solutions and projects. My customers are both industrial Designers, suppliers and production Companies. As well as Architects and Interior Designers.
- Project support, transfering of the designers ideas into production ready solutions
- 3D Modelling in SolidWorks, from simple technical Drawings to Advanced Surface Modelling
- Creation of production drawings in 2D
- Development of components, injection molded plastic parts, die casted metal parts. Creation of 3D files that can be directly used for milling of production tools by suppliers.
- FEM Finite Element Analysis of components and complete products. Tables, Chairs, Frames, Snap fittings, etc.
- Material Research
- Optimization of production costs and cost savings of existing products
- Determination of most suitable production processes for components or whole products
- Contact to international Suppliers in order to find the best suited supplier for your product
- Prototyping, CNC machined, 3D printed and other handmade prototypes
- Improvement of existing products